Pioneer announces the release of their two new players and they are REALLY advanced!
Both players are shipped with the Rekordbox software from Pioneer, which is really Pioneers own DJ-software paralell to Traktor or Serato. And as a DJ dedicated to Traktor I can say that the palyers also work really nicely on their own.
Both players have an easy to reach USB input on the top of the player and RJ-45 (LAN) connection on the back called "LINK" for working with other players and both players can read from one source! The link also works when connecting CDJ-2000 to CDJ-900. It reads MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF.
Both players also has a USB connector for connecting to a computer on the back, so they both can be used as midi-controllers.
This player is basicly a CDJ-1000, but a massive update.
To quickly sum up the new features:
- USB/SD-card reader (With accordinly a super-neat browsing feature)
- 6,1" color-screen (Sweeeeet!)
- 4 Beat-loop cutter (Auto-loops 4 beats based on BPM)
- Needlesearch (A touch-bar for searching through the track)
- Slip mode (Continues the track as you play around with loop, reverse or scratching)
CDJ-900 is an upgrade of the CDJ-800.
Pioneer has alot of media on their pages, so go check it out!